MEGAN K WALSH
301.787.4309 · Mkwalshie@gmail.com
Copywriter with over three years of experience and a knack for writing short, catchy copy and video scripts that flow. I’ve been called “unflappable in the face of mad-dash deadlines” and “a reliable, trust-worthy and competent resource.”
University of Delaware
Bachelor of Arts in English, Advertising (2012)
Major GPA: 3.43/4.0
HZDG, Jr. Copywriter–Copywriter, Jan ‘13 – Present
- I write website copy, video scripts, social copy, print ads, digital ads, emails, and much more.
- Involved in every stage of campaigns, from conception to execution (especially those with a digital component).
- Assist with development and implementation of brand voice.
- Frequently present on video shoots to modify scripts and provide feedback & direction.
- Work with hospitality, real estate, retail and athletic clients, including Rockefeller Center, Hilton HHonors, and Penn State Athletics.
- Promoted within one year at the agency.
Sideways, Copywriting & Social Media Intern, May ‘12 – Nov ‘12
Developed social media strategy for luxury hospitality clients, wrote short-form copy for Facebook & Twitter, interacted with online audience.
BlueCross BlueShield, Communications Intern, Sept ‘11 – Feb ‘12
Wrote press releases, edited articles, and reviewed ad drafts.
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
Global Scholars Award
Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society
UD Study Abroad (London 2011)
UD Swim & Dive
Volunteer at Days End Horse Farm & BARCS